Associate General Counsel – Senior Regulatory Counsel
Our client, a large electric utility and clean energy generation company with operations across the United States, is currently looking to fill the role of Associate General Counsel – Senior Regulatory Counsel. Office locations for this position include Dayton, OH, Indianapolis, IN or Arlington, VA.
Why work here?
- Recently certified as a “Great Place to Work” by greatplacetowork.com
- Nine times certified as a “Most Ethical Company” by Ethisphere Institute
- Company represents long-standing traditions while moving ahead to develop smarter, greener energy solutions
- Support the company’s growth, especially in clean energy
- Hybrid work environment
- Competitive compensation/benefit package
What you’ll do:
- Provide primary legal support for all FERC matters, including preparing applications, drafting comments on proposed rules and regulations, preparation of periodic compliance filings, and advising the company on legal and regulatory risks
- Support regulatory efforts for company’s transmission business units as well as utility and independent clean energy and renewable generation
- Work with RTO and ISO issues across the company’s clean energy and traditional generation and transmission portfolio including PJM, MISO and CAISO
- Assist business unit commercial and state regulatory attorneys on combined strategic matters
What you will need:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- 7 to 10 + years’ experience with FERC electric matters, especially transmission-related issues
- Experience in RTO/ISO matters, preferably with PJM and MISO experience
- Unquestionable commitment to ethics and integrity
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.