Our client is a leading Canadian multi-line insurance and financial services co-operative with $41.7 billion in assets under management
The Associate Financial Advisor plays a key role in supporting and developing agency operations through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. This role may have an opportunity to specialize in one or more product areas such as life, group and wealth. The Associate Financial Advisor will identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and as a trusted Associate Advisor, make informed product recommendations. They may also be involved in the development and growth of personal lines products (home/auto insurance) and specialty lines (farm and/or commercial) portfolios.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Support development of the agency operation through the sales and profitable growth of life, group and wealth management products
- Service and support the life, group and wealth management portfolio of the agency while adhering to compliance rules and regulations for the sale of life insurance and wealth management products.
- Proactively complete client reviews focusing on life and wealth management products.
- Prospect and cross sell all lines of business by completing needs analysis for clients in accordance with the agency Business Plan
- Complete front line risk assessment and selection, following underwriting guidelines
- Complete home, commercial and farm inspections as required
- Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity and contribute to the achievement of overall agency sales and growth goals
- Develop annual marketing plans outlining strategies and activities to meet goals in each product area of responsibility
- Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
- Respond to and investigate client questions and concerns, resolve client complaints and escalate issues appropriately
- Support the agency team in their daily activities
- Achievement of individual sales goals with a strong focus on consistent and proactive sales activity
- Strong contribution to achievement of the agency goals
- Contribution to achievement of multi-line client targets
- Strong commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Level of customer satisfaction as measured through client feedback
- Demonstration of client needs analysis through commitment to use of financial security planning tools
- Skill in evaluation and underwriting of risks as measured by audits and adherence to underwriting guidelines
- Attention to detail and accuracy of new business applications and paperwork as measured by audits and feedback
- Work independently and effectively use and apply the resources available
- Focus on relationship building with clients and effectively communicates with clients to deliver on the service promise
- Timely delivery of services and responses to client inquiries - once and done approach
What you must bring to this role:
Only those who are qualified will be contacted.
- Life License is required
- General or other Insurance License(s) may be required depending on the specialty focus for the role.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making, problem solving
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers license may be required
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment