Job Title: Associate Engineer - Controls
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
Work closely with the systems engineering team to manage the electrical controls material ordered on
projects. Support the team during the design, development, debug and delivery of electrical controls
hardware and software for the customers of the Automation Systems Group (ASG).
• Work as part of an execution team, responsible for material management and procurement of
controls architecture of a project
• Manage the Deliverable Components Lists on projects to ensure delivery timing meets the project
• Review Bill of Materials versus the Deliverable Components List to ensure accuracy of material
• Work with the Purchasing department expeditors on late material deliveries.
• Work with engineering team to order materials.
• Review and assist with the electrical design process.
• Support the engineering team during the integration, startup and debugging of systems and field installations.
• Reliable, consistent attendance required
• Ability to read electrical/mechanical prints.
• Ability to work as part of an engineering team.
• Knowledge of automation controls systems or other controls applications and architectures
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
2. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree electrical, computer or software engineering discipline or equivalent relevant
• Prior internship or co-op experience in a related field is preferred, but not required.
• Basic understanding of industrial communication protocols, control system components, including
PLCs, sensors, actuators, motors, and drives.
3. PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
• A large portion of time is spent on shop floors during testing and debug of systems
• Must be able to stand on concrete floors for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to perform intricate repairs on mechanical and electrical hardware
• Execution of on-site responsibilities requires significant amount of walking/standing on steel
grating and concrete floors
4. VISUAL ACUITY, HEARING, SPEAKING:
• Good visual acuity, hearing and speaking English is a must
5. ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING:
• Willing to work overtime to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements
• May include weekend work
• 30% or more overnight travel may be required
CORE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
The following training is required:
1. Employee Orientation
2. Email and PC Skills
3. Safety Training
4. Hazard Communication Training
5. New Hire Quality/ESP and Cyber Security Training