Our client is one of the leading Co-ops in the LBM industry which represents a network of Independent Building Materials Distributors (shareholders) serving the United States and Canada. They have retained SnapDragon to recruit the next generation of leadership for the coop in the position of Associate Director.
- Bench-marking and sharing of best practices across all functions within the distributor businesses
- Ongoing investment in training and development as needs are determined
- Shareholder Networking
- Supplier Relations
- Procurement Influence
- New Shareholder Recruitment
- Marketing, Human Resources, Technology and Administrative
- Ability to build and foster positive relationships within the network and with suppliers
- Integrity and uncompromising regard for confidentiality
- Results and Achievement Orientation
- High Mission of Service
- Ability to discern common business process issues
- Collaborative Team Player
- Innovative with focus on mutual success
- Solicit feedback and receive counsel
- Problem Resolution
- Business Acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other applicable disciplines. MBA and/or advanced leadership/management training helpful
- Experience must include diverse and progressively responsible assignments culminating in success as a leader within a distributor, supply chain or manufacturer
- 10+ years’ proven record of accomplishment in a leadership/management capacity
- Must have strong communication abilities (written and verbal) as well as incorporating diplomacy and tact in the best interest of suppliers and shareholders
- Use of technology gained through formal education and/or experience
- Must be well organized and able to juggle multiple priorities and needs
- Will be required to travel to shareholders, best practices and supplier meetings as required
- Being well-connected in the industry is important but not totally necessary
The Associate Director position may be home-based in a city/town east of the Mississippi, preferably close to a major airport. Overnight travel is estimated to be 35%. In addition to a positive, independent and team-based working environment, we offer a competitive compensation package. If you are energized by making continuous and on-going improvement in business practice and process, this could be the dream job for you.
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online atwww.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.