Associate Director - Enterprise Strategy Management
Facility: Communication and Corporate Affairs
Location: Princeton, NJ, US
About the Department
The BioPharm & Strategy team leads all US commercial efforts and Strategic Direction for our Company’s biopharmaceutical portfolio, which includes innovative products in the hemophilia and growth disorders therapeutic classes and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, early development plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. We are the world leader in diabetes and other chronic diseases. Within our BioPharm and Strategy business unit, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with chronic diseases, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a highly specialized business in a global organization.
Responsible for helping to develop and pull-through the enterprise strategy in support of a sustainable growth model for Region North American Operations (NAO), inclusive of external research, analysis and content development. Provides leadership and collaborates with Company leaders to help drive strategy implementation, communication, and change management.
Reports to the Vice President, Enterprise Strategy. Internal interactions include a broad range of NNI functions as well as relevant Headquarter (HQ) counterparts to ensure strategic coordination across the Company. External relationships may include interactions with various subject matter experts based on the needs of special projects or implementation of new initiatives.
- Supports development of the NNI strategy and actively engages with relevant stakeholders on pull through of the 3–5 year enterprise strategic plan
- Helps identify, analyze, and prioritize key enterprise-wide strategic imperatives, actions and priorities
- Conducts analyses based on internal and external sources of information to help inform investment trade-offs and recommendations
- Conducts benchmarking, market landscape assessments, scenario planning analyses and business case development in support of strategic recommendations and decisions
- Develops innovative and actionable scenario-based response strategies to strengthen the Company’s future competitive position
- Ensures alignment with therapy area business plans to connect long-term strategic choices to near-term initiatives and AB investments
- Develop high quality, oral and written content to facilitate strategy-focused Executive Team/Leadership Team (ET/LT) meetings, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Manages strategic scorecard and strategy progress against goals and ambition to inform potential course correction opportunities in alignment with long-term forecast (LTF)
- Provides project management support for special projects & initiatives
- Collaborates with communications and change management teams to develop and deploy related plans
- Serves as liaison and strong collaborator with Global stakeholders where appropriate
- Maintains an enterprise lens to ensure enterprise-wide initiatives, scenarios, risks, and opportunities are reflected in NAO and cross-value chain strategic decisions
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MBA preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively relevant corporate business strategy development and planning, marketing and brand management, consulting, commercial operations experience required; pharmaceutical or consumer product goods industries strongly preferred
- Business case development required; finance experience preferred
- Understanding of the external marketplace and familiarity in metabolic disease areas preferred
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with multiple levels of management and communicate effectively to leadership
- Strong decision-making skills through demonstrated ability to leverage evidenced-based insights and sound judgement into strategy development, deployment and optimization
- Project management, process mapping, and change management experience a plus
- Ability to manage competing priorities; strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to streamline and simplify complex concepts for broader audience
- Proven cross-functional collaboration skills with ability to influence multiple levels of leadership