Our client is a fee‐only comprehensive financial planning firm that prioritizes forming strong relationships with each of our clients and providing expert solutions to high‐net worth individuals and families.
The Associate Wealth Advisor will be an integral member of the team, who supports financial advisors in collecting and analyzing data and developing comprehensive understandings of client’s financial plans.
This role will be vital to growing a community-centric firm – with plenty of room for advancement and support to meet your professional goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using eMoney, gather, organize, and input client data into the financial planning software. Utilize performance software to run quarterly reports and bills.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of clients’ financial situations by collaborating with advisors to analyze financial data including investment holdings, retirement plans, insurance policies, estate documents, and tax returns.
- Attend client meetings, take notes, make and complete follow-up tasks, and draft post-meeting emails.
- Communicate with the operations team on new account openings and transfer process and assist with completing appropriate client paperwork.
- Track required distributions for all clients (i.e. RMDs, OCDs, and Trust distributions).
- Track and evaluate suitability for IRA contributions and conversions.
- Provide tax preparers with tax documents, 1099s, etc.
- Write blogs and other newsletter content as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in financial planning, finance, accounting, or applicable field.
- Series 65/66 or willingness to obtain.
- CFP® certification or expectation to complete the certification within the next 3 years.
- Strong understanding of financial planning concepts which can include investment management, retirement planning, tax planning, estate planning, and risk management.
- 3+ years of full-time, relevant work experience in the financial planning field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex financial concepts easily, concisely, and clearly.
- Detail-oriented with an intellectual curiosity that leads to constantly finding and learning about new ways to help families.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- High level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality in handling client sensitive information.
- Competitive salary and bonus based on experience
- Disability insurance, 401 (k) plan with profit sharing and stipend for health insurance.
- Generous PTO and holiday package.
- Financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities is available upon approval.