We are currently working on a search for an Associate Actuary for a Global Life Insurance Company,.
This position can be 100% remote.
This position seeks to develop and apply theoretical principles and practical actuarial techniques. The Associate Actuary will operate with a high degree of autonomy and has full responsibility for the direction and completion of ongoing projects.
- Responsible for calculating, analyzing and reporting actuarial balances for Annuity products under US GAAP, Statutory, and Tax accounting bases
- Lead Long Duration Targeted Improvements (LDTI) project, which includes implementing and executing modeling and assumption updates and performing complex reporting and analysis
- Own quarterly review of valuation results for the fixed and payout annuity block; this will include guiding more junior team members, identifying and resolving issues, reviewing and enhancing complementary analytics and communicating with management
- Collaborate with business partners to perform and review valuation results
- Apply and develop knowledge in specific actuarial procedures such as VM-22 and other regulations
- Assist with onboarding of new Annuity blocks as a result of M&A activity
- Coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analysis to assist in the development of financial forecasts used in actuarial recommendations and reporting
- Work closely with internal audit to identify process risks and develop and perform controls. Interact with external auditors to communicate process and control execution
- Assist in preparation of actuarial response and communication of results of actuarial research to management areas. May assist in preparing actuarial portion of financial reports and responses to insurance regulators
- Provide consultation and clarification on actuarial models and risk issues
- Coordinate and contribute to completion of cash flow testing initiatives
- Assist in driving forward modernization efforts for the Annuity block
- Opportunities to lead cross-functional projects in Agile work environment
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance or related business discipline
- FSA or nearing FSA
- 5+ years finance, insurance industry, or actuarial experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in confidence to Joanmarie Bolding, Managing Director of Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online