GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for an Associate Director, New Business Development located in the RTP, NC marketplace.
About Our Client:
Our client is an immuno-oncology company developing novel therapies that activate a patient’s immune system to fight cancer.
Our client’s business development program offers a unique full-time opportunity for qualified candidates to work to identify and evaluate novel therapeutic candidates for further development, as well as networking and building relationships with key opinion leaders in the fields of oncology and immunology.
- Create and maintain important scientific and business relationships with key opinion leaders and their specific therapeutic categories.
- Keep up to date with scientific advancement (e.g. competitive landscape, new technologies) and stay well informed about current regulatory (e.g. FDA) requirements and trends.
- Actively participate in new business development.
- Find opportunities for collaborations, acquisitions and licenses with key academic, corporate and other entities involved in therapeutic research programs.
- Represent our client at medical and scientific meetings and conferences.
Education / Experience: Ph.D. in one of the biological sciences or MD is required.
- An ideal candidate would have some prior experience in university tech transfer, industry consulting or economic development.
- Strong analytic and communication skills, including good writing ability.
- Strong knowledge of the biotechnology industry and regulatory environment is a plus.
- Excellent networking ability.
- Ability to work independently, as well as gain the support of the diverse group of stakeholders.
- Some travel required.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.