The successful candidate will work on the project assignment within the established boundaries for project pursuits for the headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. The Assistant Superintendent may or may not have direct reports and will collaborate the oversight of the project with project assigned team members. The Assistant Superintendent will report directly to their Superintendent as well as Executive leadership.
When managing a job site, safety comes first, communication is key, and participation in all construction activities is required. The type of projects to look forward to with this role include higher education facilities, sporting venues, hospitality, correctional, industrial as well as joint venture related engagements.
- Interface with client representatives, A/E representatives, trade contractors, subcontractors, material/equipment suppliers and external parties such as city inspectors, and OSHA
- Work with Superintendents to maintain communications with unions, resolve jurisdictional disputes, and request manpower and equipment
- Provide day-to-day support of on-site project team and resolve construction problems as necessary
- Supervise and assume responsibility of craft employees and/or trade contractors and subcontractors for productivity and efficient use of materials and equipment
- To meet project and profitability requirements, actively participate in schedule development, implementation, conformance management, and job cost and/or budget management
- Participate in performance evaluations, project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, and RFIs and submittals
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, and standards
- Provide technical assistance as required
- Ensure on-site personnel comply with project procedures, quality control, safety program requirements, and work rules
- Document violations, notify project management, and recommend and/or implement corrective actions as required
- Supervise Assistant Superintendent (s)
- Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction