Our Client is one of the most stable general contractors in the Alabama market. They have been rapidly growing and adding new clients for more than 20 years and specialize in large ground up projects (primarily in the multifamily and student living sectors). With highly competitive compensation and career growth opportunities this is an excellent opportunity to build a life-long career in construction project management. Qualified candidates please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently Seeking an Assistant Project Manager:
Purpose/Description of the Job:
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Project Manager and/or Senior Project Manager in accordance with our Best Practices. This position will work with the external and internal project teams to facilitate project documentation and delivery requirements and ensure effective communication and progress through the administration and coordination of projects. The APM will assist the Senior Project Manager, Project Manager and Superintendents in multiple components of the project. All aspects of the APM’s work will be performed in a highly collaborative manner with all members of the Project Team.
Best Practices & Relationships:
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of construction project management, including scheduling, planning and budgeting prior to and throughout the designated project
- Initiate, organize and attend project meetings as directed by the PM/Sr. PM; ensure that meeting agendas and meeting minutes are produced and distributed to attendees and other necessary parties after appropriate review by the PM and/or Sr. PM
- Manage the RFI process; make sure all drawings, submittal logs and bulletin schedules are up to date and accurate
- Assist the Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Manager in the coordination necessary to ensure proper and timely delivery of drawings and submittals, construction materials, change orders and pricing-related approvals while achieving project revenue goals
- Assist in the creation and management of subcontracts; assist in ensuring that a signed subcontract and all compliance items are obtained from each subcontractor prior to the subcontractor performing work on the job
- Track each subcontractor’s change requests, monthly billings, approvals and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner
- Develop strong relationships with the subcontractor community
- Direct the LEED documentation and requirements
- Assist in closing out the project in compliance with contract documents
Daily Reports & Documentation:
- Work with the Assistant Superintendent as needed with additions to the daily report and take progress photos
- Assist the Project Manager in monthly and weekly review of job cost reports
Schedule & Quality Assurance/Control:
- Process submittals to achieve the project schedule and comply with contract documents
- Assist the Project Manager with weekly progress evaluation, job site monitoring and Project Manager status reports
- Meet the Quality Assurance / Quality Control requirements of the project
- Coordinate inspections and participate in the examination and inspection of work progress and equipment to verify safety and ensure specifications are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of commercial General Contractor construction experience
- Understands building processes and systems in the context of moderately complex construction projects
- Excellence in Microsoft Products (Office, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Continually drives for results, strives for improvement, creates trust with character and action, teams up successfully, solves complex problems and builds other people.
- LEED AP and/or CCM certifications helpful
- Experience with construction management software (such as Procore) and construction ERP accounting software (such as Viewpoint)
- Experience with Scheduling Software
- Experience with BIM Modeling
- This position has supervisory responsibility of Project Management Interns from time to time.
- Ensure company policies and processes are followed in supervisory activities.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and development plans for each year; monitor and supervise the progress to enhance their professional development and contribution to the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and in a construction job site setting.
- Works some of the day outside on the construction site
- Able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to deal with the physical activities associated with a construction site (stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist)
- Able to navigate work areas under construction
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard day and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are required as the job duties demand.
Travel to other job sites and to our offices is required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.