Assistant Plant Manager
Assists with management responsibilities for all site operations including safety, environmental, underground mining, and manufacturing processes. The plant is a 24 x 7 operation typically producing 1.5M TPY of limestone (underground mining) supplying the production needs for 500K TPY of quicklime. The plant also produces hydrated lime and ground calcium carbonate and conducts daily rail activities for raw materials into the plant and rail shipping to customers. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Role model to all employees by complying with company policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to safety.
- Ensures health and safety of all employees.
- Ensures site adherence to all Mine Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations at all times
- Works with team to eliminate and engineer-out all high-risk work activities in order to maintain focus on the goal of zero workplace accidents/injuries at all times
Plant Management Functions
- Ensures kiln, hydrate, and ground calcium carbonate manufacturing operations, quality control, shipping operations meet customer specifications at all times
- Ensures mining operations comply with all ATF, MSHA, and company policies, rules, and regulations at all times
- Ensures all production operations comply with all MSHA and company policies, rules, and regulations at all times.
- Assists management in staffing, development, coaching and training of plant personnel
- Develop, regulate, and manage plant and capex budgets as well as improvement projects
- Evaluate, plan, and recommend operating and capex budgets on an annual basis
- Bachelor’s degree, engineering discipline preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience in mining or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of P&L is preferred but not required
- Previous budget and capital planning experience in preferred but not required
- Ability to manage direct reports and multiple priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills, leadership abilities and ability to think strategically
- Salary commensurate with experience