Title: Assistant Merchandiser
Location: New York, NYGeneral Summary:
The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for providing organizational support to the Merchandising team and partnering with their Merchandiser on the running of the day-to-day business. They leverage organizational & analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals. Position Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the full life cycle of the Purchase Order as well as markdowns: Issue and maintain all purchase orders and reconciliation between IP and Garpac systems; Follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods; Responsible to maintain planned receipt flow and communicating any issues that arise; Manage markdowns for both stores and e-commerce.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining all necessary reporting (including, but not limited to: weekly selling reports, Hindsight reports, store reports, best sellers).
• Assists with reviewing & reacting to sales performance and selling reports.
• Maintain data integrity both in systems and published documentation (including Seasonal Buys, Seasonal Compass, Product Overview Sheets, Prod Cut Sheet).
• Assists with planning and executing pricing strategies in accordance with fiscal responsibilities, maximizing sales, margin, & inventory management.
• Assists in developing assortment plans, sales forecasts, & analyzing sales figures
• Manage samples: organize samples by season for business meeting, closet archive, e-commerce photo-shoots and sample sales.
• Competitive Patterning: Assists in monitoring industry trends and in evaluating competition both in-stores and online; Track pricing and promotions of competitors to ensure we are in-line; propose ideas to help drive our business based on findings.
• Manage ecom assets; responsible for ensuring product is online at correct price, merchandised correctly, copy is correctPosition Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree; focus in Fashion Merchandising
• 1 to 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Buyer, preferably
• Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task
• Strong knowledge of and ability to apply retail math concepts
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
• Open-minded and positive attitude with the ability to partner cross-functionally and grow relationships
• Must possess strong business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy and critical objectives
• Must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
• Must have strong relationship building and influence skills
• Must be able to think strategically as well as manage the day-to-day responsibilities
• Must be willing to embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to winSPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
#LI-JD1Click here to apply online