Title: Assistant Merchandiser, Aeropostale
Location: New York, NYGeneral Summary:
The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for providing organizational support to the Merchandising team and partnering with their Merchandiser on the running of the day-to-day business. The Assistant Merchandiser leverages organizational & analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals. They supports our omnichannel business, maintaining a 360 degree view of our store and ecommerce channels.Position Responsibilities:
• Possess knowledge of overall department to be able to provide team members with all requested information.
• Analyze and identify best and slow sellers by generating selling reports; review with team to determine how information should be interpreted and reacted to.
• Demonstrate awareness of competitor landscape, trends, and our target customer by researching and competitor shopping.
• Manage sample process; ensure samples are organized and categorized appropriately.
• Participate in milestone meetings; recap, prioritize action items from meetings and follow up as needed.
• Update and monitor on-order and shipping reports; surface any issues and provide potential solutions to manager and cross-functional team.
• Anticipate department needs for milestone meetings each season.
• Understand the different roles of the cross-functional team and how they relate to the Merchandising role, and foster relationships to efficiently drive collaboration.
• Complete data entry for day-to-day product management.
• Filter information to draw inferences, create solutions, and adjust strategies to maximize the business and drive the merchandising process forward.
• Proactively seek out new opportunities to grow the business and further personal & professional development.Position Requirements:
• Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
• Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to develop relationships at all levels and work in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to think analytically and grasp retail math concepts.
• Understanding of the teen market and Aero customer.
• Commitment to learning and continuous development.
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
• Process-oriented mindset with creative problem solving ability.
• Must be able to learn new system.SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
#LI-JD1Click here to apply online