Title: Assistant Manager, Trade Compliance
Reports to: Manager, Inbound Logistics
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ Overview:
SPARC Group LLC is an operating partner to global brands, providing retail and ecommerce management, sourcing, design and other operational and administrative support. It currently operates Aeropostale, Nautica and Lucky Brand in the United States and Puerto Rico. SPARC Group LLC is owned, through its parent company SPARC Group Holdings LLC, by Simon Property Group and Authentic Brands Group. With Aeropostale, Nautica and Lucky combined, SPARC Group operates retail locations, a strong wholesale business with thousands of points of sale in the U.S., and the ecommerce platforms for all brands. The Simon Property and ABG joint venture also own the Forever 21 and Brooks Brothers brands.General Summary:
The Assistant Manager, Trade Compliance is a member of the team responsible for importing merchandise for our retail stores and ecommerce and wholesale customers.Responsibilities:
• Assign US and Canadian HTS code to all new SKUs. Audit duty payments.
• Serves as the subject matter expert for all import related inquiries from internal & external customers, third party service providers, including Customs Brokers, US Customs and Border Protection Regulations and Fish & Wildlife.
• Manage first sale and duty drawback programs and report statistics out to the business
• Assist with / oversee export paperwork creation
• Maintain vendor manual in conjunction with business partners in Production, Social Compliance, Distribution Center, Inbound Logistics, and Product Compliance.
• Communicate with vendors on requirements
• Understand duty deferral programs by origin and communicate changes and/or new opportunities to help guide sourcing strategy
• Perform other duties as requiredQualifications:
• Minimum 2-3 years Export/Customs Brokerage experience preferred
• Experience in application of regulatory requirements, forms, licenses and certifications affecting imported and exported products. Working knowledge/mastery of US Harmonized Tariff Classification and Free Trade Agreements (CAFTA, AGOA)
• Licensed Customs Broker preferred, not required
• Experience with ACE Portal system preferred
• Systems and Tools Acumen: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
• Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of partners
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skillsSPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).Click here to apply online