Title: Assistant Manager, Facilities
Reports to: Senior Facilities Manager
Location: Lyndhurst, NJPosition Summary:
The Assistant Manager, Facilities Manager will provide facility services to all stores and manage vendor network in the planning and provision of timely, cost effective repairs, emergency response and certain capital projects. This role will be engaged in operational and system enhancements, vendor identification, service programs and preventative maintenance program development. The Assistant Manager, will analyze historical information, recommend and implement improvements to the department in all areas including risk assessment, and vendor selection. The Assistant Manager Facilities will have oversight of certain capital projects and store rollout projects. Major Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions:
• Drive strong vendor performance resulting in timely and cost effective repairs. Lead vendor relationships in identifying new vendors, price and performance negotiation, SLA compliance and overall effectiveness.
• Develop, plan and execute proactive and manageable preventative maintenance, monitoring, and replacement programs for all assigned areas and assets, including but not limited to including HVAC, fire extinguisher, floor cleaning, high dusting, window cleaning, pest, etc.
• Accurately plan, forecast, execute and track all assigned expense and capital programs. Provide clear and accurate reporting of all programs and projects.
• Effectively negotiate and drive performance. Take leadership role in ensuring vendors support the brand and perform in accord with the companies ethical and business conduct guidelines.
• Oversee certain capital projects and assigned rollouts and work closely with vendors.
• Assist in preparation of budgets and manage capital costs for facilities projects. Develop effective periodic and ad hoc reporting as necessary.
• Manage/schedule projects and internal resources to complete assigned projects on time and within budget.
• Support store facilities issues during all store business hours including nights and weekends as needed.
• Ability to be on call after hours for emergency repair and maintenance issues as they arise
• Maintain relationships with all facility vendors and suppliers.
• Assist with Corporate Facilities for NJ and NY office facility needs.
• Prepare preventive maintenance schedules.
• Technical troubleshooting, resolving maintenance issues.Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree
• 3 to 4 years experience in facilities management
• Working knowledge of current construction practices
• Experience working in a corporate office setting
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite – MS project a plus
• Ability to use online facility management tools, FM Pilot and Service Channel.
• Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, in particular HVAC
• Ability to travel and be available for emergency store situations as they arise outside normal business hours.
• Ability to read and understand plans, renderings and drawings
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Strong time management and executional skills with sense of urgency; self-motivated
• Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize. Should be extremely organized with attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which may occasionally include holidays, weekends and/or late evenings, and before/ after stores are open to the public
• Travel required on occasion
• Ability to use ladders, or other equipment, and lift objects depending on need.
#LI-KT1SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).Click here to apply online