Assistant Maintenance and Engineering Manager
PURPOSE: The Deputy Maintenance & Engineering Manager will support the Maintenance and Engineering Manager to manage the Maintenance department and activities and lead a high-level capital investment project. Coordinate directly Maintenance teams and activities/projects, ensuring full respect of Group culture, targets and policies, with particular focus on Health and Safety as first priority.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively contribute at plant level in order to continuously improve in safety culture and pursue the zero accidents target
• Support the Maintenance and Engineering Manager in coordinating Maintenance and Engineering department
• Contribute to respect and monitor the maintenance budget
• Ensure the production reliability and performance through maintenance activities
• Lead preventive maintenance activities
• Coordinate maintenance and Engineering working teams
• Ensures that all engineering and maintenance work is done in compliance with Company, federal, state, and local codes.
• Plans and timely executes budget implementation of capital projects, in conjunction with Plant Manager.
• Engineers and installs revised production systems and equipment configurations.
• Designs, installs, and supervises maintenance projects for the Plant.
• Schedules and supervises preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities.
• Ensures that all steam, power, and water systems are operating and maintained efficiently.
• Participates in the selection, purchase and installation of equipment.
• Works with Plant Manager and other Plant personnel to resolve process and equipment issues, often complex in nature.
• Supervises equipment and facilities modifications; directing work of all contract personnel involved.
• Recommends process improvements, including machine component layout.
• Assists Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineer with technical issues in appropriate areas as required.
• Adheres to all ISO and QS requirements, safety practices and Informational Technology policies.
• Responsible for maintenance budget performance.
• Performs other related projects and duties as required.
• Master degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Licensed Professional Engineer is highly desired
• Minimum of 5 years of Proven experience in maintenance systems and methodology as well as in maintenance coordination within a process industry environment
• Solid experience in project management
• Good leadership skills combined with pragmatic and operational attitude
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Available to travel
• Knowledge is required in process piping systems, process control systems, electrical power, Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers, and Air systems.
• High degree of independent judgment and self-motivation.
• Computer literate in AutoCAD, Excel, Word, SAP, and other programs as required.