The Assistant Director supervises the Section Leaders and employees in the following laboratory sections or job descriptions: Laboratory Support Services, Office Coordinator, Medical Transcription, Courier, and Send outs and assists the Laboratory Director in planning, directing, and coordinating other laboratory duties. Participates in PI plan.
Minimal Job Requirements:
- Successfully completes all unit/department specific competency checklist/tests
- CPR certification current or scheduled as required
- Meets yearly education requirements for job/certification
- Completes all mandatory housewide services
- Wears name badge according to policy
- Adheres to absenteeism/tardiness/call-in policy
- Clocks in/out as per policy
- Completes annual TB test as per policy
- Attends 75% of unit/department meetings
- Documents legibly
- Utilizes universal precautions
- Provides age-specific care for patients served as required
- Dress and general appearance meets hospital/department policy
- Protects patient information and maintains confidentiality
- Conduct self in a calm and purposeful manner during stressful situations
- Respects hospital equipment and property
- Possesses basic problem solving skills appropriate to job
- Contributes to a non-discriminating, non-hostile environment
- Completes assignments within the time constraints allowed
- Is knowledgeable about Performance Improvement activities in own department and hospital wide
- Communicates issues in regards to safety, patients, and/or uncomplicated tasks to peers, supervisors, and subordinates as appropriate
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology
- Minimum five years of laboratory experience
- Two years supervisory experience
Position/Unit Specific Requirements:
- National Certification - MT (ASCP) or equivalent
- Louisiana State license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Generalist is preferred.
- Is knowledgeable about Performance Improvement activities in own department and hospital wide.
- Communicates issues in regard to safety, patients, and/ or uncomplicated tasks to peers, supervisors, and subordinates as appropriate.
- Supervises and manages staff in Phlebotomy, Clerical, Courier, Office Coordinator, and Medical Transcription.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Support Staff, Office Coordinator, Medical Transcription, and Send outs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops staff through team concept and demonstrates a high level of motivation and enthusiasm among staff members.
- Achieves the highest standard of clinical performance consistent with allocated resources.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation and continually encourages employees to seek ways to improve operations.
Participates in hospital wide committees:
- Value Analysis Team
- Patient Safety Committee
- The Joint Commission Team
- Emergency Preparedness Team
- Utilities Management Committee
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your resume to MattM@MLeeHealthcare.com
or 406 417 3700