Title: Assistant General Counsel
Department Legal & Compliance
Reports To: SVP, General Counsel
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ General Summary:
The Assistant General Counsel will be responsible for a variety of matters to support SPARC Group’s DTC, Ecommerce and Wholesale businesses including contract review and negotiation, advising on employment, privacy and other compliance issues, product and marketing review, and dispute resolution. A corporate generalist with business acumen and practical judgement, the Assistant General Counsel will serve as a primary contact and trusted legal advisor to senior managers and associates across SPARC Group business teams. The position reports to the SVP-General Counsel and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal & Compliance department. Position Responsibilities:
• Draft, review and negotiate a significant volume of commercial contracts including software, SaaS/ASP, technology, digital marketing, advertising, licensing, collaboration, production, distribution, transportation, service, purchase and consulting agreements.
• Provide risk assessment and legal guidance to business leaders on strategic and operational issues, .
• Counsel and advise on employment and labor laws, hiring/termination procedures, payroll and benefit programs; update HR forms, agreements and handbooks; and respond to government inquiries and administrative complaints
• Review and update policies on privacy, data protection and security, regulatory compliance, business practices.
• Work with outside counsel on handling commercial and litigation matters.
• Monitor legal department processes to ensure the accurate and efficient delivery of legal services; create forms, streamline workflows, assist in training and developing junior team members, and identify other opportunities for improvements.
• Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments that may impact the Company’s businesses and proactively advise team members and internal clients.
• Prepare and facilitate company-wide trainings on legal on legal policies and procedures and other relevant legal topics.
• Participate on due diligence reviews, special projects and legal department initiatives as requested by the SVP-General Counsel.Position Requirements:
• Hold undergraduate and J.D. degrees from ABA-accredited institutions.
• Must be an active New Jersey or New York bar member.
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant corporate and transactional experience; In-house experience at a retail, fashion or consumer products company preferred.
• Broad based knowledge of legal issues involving commercial transactions, information technology, product development, ecommerce, marketing and human resources.
• Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building and cultivating strong relationships with co-workers and clients at all levels in the company; accustomed to working collaboratively and on cross-functional teams.
• A highly analytical and creative problem-solver with the ability to weigh risks against operational needs and company’s big picture goals to develop and provide reasoned and sound legal guidance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate legal concepts in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail, the ability to balance competing demands and handle responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
• Results oriented and willing to roll-up sleeves and execute.
• Flexible and willing to take on new challenges.
• A high level of professional integrity, self-motivated and ability to maintain confidentiality.SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
#LI-JD1Click here to apply online