Assistant General Counsel - Securities
Our client - one of the largest utilities in the country - is looking for someone to fill the role of Assistant General Counsel – Securities. The successful candidate can be located in or near Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore or Washington, DC.
Why work here?
- A great place to start a long-term career, with growth opportunities at a company that truly invests in its people
- Never a dull moment – the chance to work on a multitude of legal issues
- An opportunity to serve the public with a company that walks the walk on issues like diversity and sustainability
- Be a part of a collegial team that works together to solve complex legal issues
- Fantastic benefits and compensation programs
What you’ll do:
- Serve as expert counsel on securities laws and regulations for Corporate Governance Team
- Participate with and advise the company’s governing boards and board committees
- Support various business units in all areas of securities law, including filings, disclosure regulations, enforcement issues, and compliance
- Provide legal guidance on executive compensation matters
- Oversee outside counsel in support of the function
- Provide guidance and oversight with respect to ’33 and ’34 Securities Acts
What you will need:
- JD or LLB Degree from accredited law school
- Admitted to, or eligible to be admitted to the Illinois, Pennsylvania, Maryland or DC Bar
- At least 10 years’ relevant legal experience, including experience with large-cap, public companies, securities filings and compliance
- Excellent written, communication and advocacy skills
- Experience with executive compensation issues as they relate to securities matters is desired
- Experience in managing outside counsel, legal budgets, etc.
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.