Our client – a large generation and retail energy provider – is looking to fill the role of Assistant General Counsel – Regulatory Retail. The position offers the opportunity to work across multiple state jurisdictions in both electric and gas disciplines. This is a fully remote opportunity.
Why work here?
- Opportunity to work in several state regulatory environments
- Support a team of regulatory attorneys and analysts to further company’s regulatory efforts
- Chance to work for one of the leading producers of carbon-free energy and support its efforts to deliver clean energy to retail customers across the U.S.
- fully remote work environment – no need for relocation
- Excellent benefits and compensation programs
What you’ll do:
- Represent the company before state agency regulatory agencies or in litigation matters
- Work with and manage outside counsel as needed
- Provide advice and guidance to key internal stakeholders
- Engage and interface with external stakeholders such as regulatory commissions, staff members and other administrative agencies
- Support and provide guidance and leadership to others in the organization
- Provide legal guidance on state and retail regulatory and compliance matters
What you will need:
- JD Degree from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in relevant jurisdiction
- At least 5-8 years’ relevant legal experience in regulatory practice
- Experience in state energy regulatory and retail matters is a plus
- Excellent communications and legal research and analysis skills
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule time for a call using the link below.