Assistant General Counsel – Director of Compliance
Our client – a Northwest public power operating entity – is looking to fill the role of Assistant General Counsel – Director of Compliance. This is a unique management position with career growth opportunities for an experienced energy lawyer with compliance and nuclear experience. The position will be located in Richland, Washington.
Why work here?
- Opportunity to work with several types of clean, low-cost energy sources including nuclear, wind, solar and hydro
- Potential for career advancement to more senior role
- Exceptional chance to assume role with responsibility for managing compliance team
- Unique public service opportunity to support the generation, operations and provision of low-cost, clean energy to multiple public power districts and municipalities
- Located in the beautiful Tri-Cities area of Washington, with multiple opportunities for outdoor recreation and sight-seeing
- Excellent compensation and benefits programs
What you’ll do:
- Manage Compliance Department staff, directly managing Environmental & Regulatory Programs, Legal Services and Regulatory Affairs
- Work alongside General Counsel in support of organization
- Provide guidance, training and professional development opportunities for compliance team
- Responsible for legal guidance and support for nuclear generating station
- Draft, review and negotiate various types of contracts
- Manage outside litigation and transactional counsel
- Serve as main point of contact with Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Participate in Emergency Response Team
What you will need:
- JD Degree from accredited law school
- Admitted to, or eligible to be admitted to the Washington Bar by motion within 9 months
- At least 10 years’ relevant legal experience with a compliance and nuclear industry background
- Management and leadership experience
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.