Title: Assistant Designer, Girls Wovens
Reports To: Associate DesignerGeneral Summary:
The Assistant Designer provides operational support to the Design team in the creation and execution of a line. They researche relevant trends, maintains the organization of the design office, communicates with the cross functional team (Merchandising, Production, Tech Design), and assists the team in preparation for all milestone meetings.
• Research and identify trends that are relevant to the Aéropostale customer.
• Shop the market on a regular basis for ideas and inspiration.
• Maintain awareness of current selling information as well as market trends and conditions.
• Develop strong working relationships with cross functional team members (Merchandising, Production and Tech Design ) through communication and problem solving.
• Create sketches of styles in development.
• Execute organized, accurate technical packages.
• Maintain seasonal collection boards and walls.
• Create and update seasonal assortment sheet.
• Understand the basics of the production process as it relates to the classification.
• Maintain awareness of corporate calendar and help supervisor manage deadlines.
• Attend and participate in fit sessions. Take detailed notes and follow up as needed.
• Assist in day to day projects including filing/organizing, copying and updating development packages.Position Requirements:
• Strong sketching ability accurate to a body
• Understanding of the youth market and Aero customer
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, & IllustratorSPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).Click here to apply online