Assistant Controller – RV Supplier – Dayton, TN
This company was founded in 1947 and is the leading manufacturer and supplier of water heating, heating, and cooking appliances for Recreational Vehicles. This company is one of the largest employers in Dayton and has great benefits and company culture. Over 70% of our client’s workforce has been with the company for 20 years or longer.
The Assistant Controller will work with the VP of Finance and will be responsible for creation of budgets, budget management, financial analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, helping guide technology investments, and administer employee benefits.
- Maintain strong systems and controls that:
- Protect the assets of the Company
- Ensure Corporate Policies are followed
- Warn of potential losses due to theft or mistakes
- Plan and report reliably the cost and margin of products and customers
- Take an active role in controlling costs and cash flow
- Warn of impending revenue / operating income shortfalls to budget and forecast and take an active role in driving solutions
- Accurate financial planning – budgets, forecasts, etc.
- Analysis of actual results versus budgets and goals
- Review all contractual obligations
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements at the end of each month
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related required
- MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
- 5 years of accounting experience
- 2+ years of public accounting experience from Big Four accounting firms, national or large regional firm