endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Endevis is working with a local leader to assist them in finding an Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for recording and reconciling assets as well as performing regular Job Costing analysis. This position will also oversee and assist with monthly/annual financial closings, multi entity/currency financial statements, cash flow statements, variance analysis and conduct regular tax filings for multiple entities within US, Canada and China, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong leadership & management of accounting team personnel.
- Weekly reconciliation of Assets and depreciation schedules for multiple entities.
- Responsible for weekly Job Closings and Job Costing analysis.
- Prepare and file Monthly/Quarterly Sales/Use Tax Returns for multiple states.
- Oversee and assist Sr. Accountant with monthly/annual financial close and statistical analysis within a targeted closing schedule for multiple entities.
- Oversee and assist in performing other Month End tasks per approved schedule/checklist.
- Develop, oversee and direct credit and collections strategies/policies.
- Learn and become a Power User of ERP System
- Manage Chart of Accounts for multiple entities.
- Oversee and assist Sr. Accountant with reconciling multiple bank and balance sheet accounts for month/year end close when required.
- Reconcile A/P and A/R transactions between entities on a monthly basis.
- Assist Operations with physical Inventories as needed.
- Assist Director of Finance in developing, entering and reviewing financial budgets.
- Assist with financial inquiries by researching and interpreting ERP data.
- Provide expert level tax advice for complex situations, locations and entity structures.
- Coordinate and conduct Liability Insurance audits with outside auditors.
- Oversee, preparation and input of multiple payroll journal entries.
- Assist Director of Finance with compilation of financial data of potential acquisition targets.
- Manage continuous improvement of accounting processes and team member skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and initiate follow through strong attention to detail.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
- Other Monthly/Quarterly/Annual duties and projects as required by the Director of Finance.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree - required
- 4+ years prior experience
- Must be a great leader, with experience managing others and holding reports accountable
- Extensive experience and expertise regarding Taxation is Required (Sales, Use, International, Federal, State, & Local)
- Must have excellent accounting (G/L) skills
- Knowledge of GAAP, preferred
- Experience with ERP software
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.