Title: Rail Construction Manager
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-4743911731
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Rail Construction Manager to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company. This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.Job Description:
Undertake the day to day construction management of the project in terms of safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, etc. Make decisions and recommendations that can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.Responsibilities:
- Comply with construction management processes and effectively implement them.
- Apply a consistent approach to construction management, implementation of processes and the management of contractors.
- Provide construction management input to the project works, particularly advice regarding construction/ implementation/ constructability, attendance at pre-possession planning meetings, construction/ implementation review meetings, etc.
- Evaluate the progress on site against the program and agreed milestones. Use this information to provide accurate updates to the project team. Lead review of long term scheduling effort and required deliverables needed for successful project execution.
- Undertake, or arrange for others to undertake, suitable inspections/ audits for the project works being managed in regard to safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, functionality, and commissioning.
- Keep suitable records for the project works being managed and communicate information regarding construction management to the rest of the project team in a timely and effective manner.
- Review regular cost reports and utilize data for improving field productivity
- Identify areas where a ‘continuous improvement’ approach to construction management could bring benefit.
- Accountable for the application of construction management processes to the projects being worked upon.
- Required experience: minimum of 10 years of construction experience.
- Demonstrable successful construction management experience.
- Relevant experience of transit construction management preferred
- Understanding of the health and safety legislation, regulations and industry practices.
- Demonstrable experience of the implementation of health, safety, environmental and quality management processes.
- Contract and commercial awareness.
- Effective communication skills.
- Mentor team of project engineers
- Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.
- There will be frequent nights and weekend work schedule.
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits.
- Employer Contributions to 401K Pension Plan [to 4% max]
- Vacation/Sick pay in accordance with Company Policy.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.