Assistant Accounting Manager
The Assistant Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting activities in connection with fixed operations at the dealerships. This individual will manage a staff of 3-5 people to ensure all relevant delegated tasks assigned are completed in a timely and accurate fashion for all Dealerships.
What We Offer:
- Excellent Culture
- Advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
Major Essential Duties:
- Responsible for financial and accounting accuracy, assisting the Controller through monthly financial statement processing
- Review accounting schedules related to your team (as assigned) with Controller, and identify areas that need attention and past due amounts.
- Process daily/monthly bank reconciliations for various dealership accounts as assigned, review and process Cash flow reports as needed
- Ensure deposit is balanced and processed daily and Cash Clearing accounts are cleared and balanced
- Enter Journal entries as assigned, including bank transfers, ACH fees, charges from various vendors, various department document corrections, etc.
- Review flooring reconciliations, physical inventories, and inter-company accounts as assigned
- Monitor and follow up on all factory receivables as needed.
- Enter and balance monthly expenses and Excel sheets, such as Prepaid Expenses, Advertising accounts, Effective Labor rates, etc.
- Foster a culture of excellence and teamwork
- Ensure cross-training of department tasks when asked
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience with automotive top-level accounting in a dealership. Including financial statements and fixed assets.
- Personal values to align with company values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, Respect, and Excellence
- Thorough experience with dealership accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Federal and State rules, requirements, and regulations.
- Effective experience with general ledger and financial statements for auto dealerships.
- Experience with dealership management computer systems. Reynolds & Reynolds preferred.
- Ability to adapt to changes and work with other departments to achieve goals
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must have strong communications, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor.
Interested candidates, please contact Kristin Frank at 602-788-5890 x.124 or via email at email@example.com.