Euravia Engineering & Supply Co Ltd, a part of Magellan Aerospace Kelbrook, Lancashire has an exciting opportunity for Assistant Accountant.
- Full-time-permanent position
- Weekdays are Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Colne Road, Kelbrook, Lancashire BB18 6SN
This role is integral in supporting the Financial Controller to achieve agreed strategic business performance targets as set by Magellan Corporate and MALUK. The role will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the daily activities of the Accounts Department as well as to prepare management accounts and group reportage; involvement with annual budgeting, internal and external audits and the implementation and further development of a new accounting system.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Oversee the accuracy of the ledgers and month end nominal coding
- Support the ledger functions with processing, supplier statements and query resolution
- Generate and review BACs payment runs
- Assist with the VAT compliance
- Assist both internal and external audits
- Prepare and post the month end journals in line with the month end timetable
- Deal with transactions in different currencies and provide accuracy
- Full responsible for the fixed asset register
- Assist monthly, quarterly and year end UK and Canadian financial reporting
- Aged debtor review and chase up
- Provide support and cover for hourly and monthly payroll processing
- Prepare detailed management accounts and overhead variance analysis
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
- Education that will provide the required knowledge and abilities for the position will be considered (e.g. Degree in Business and/or Finance, professional accounting qualification).
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Financial experience in a commercial environment, preferably aerospace or automotive – desirable
- Working knowledge of Part-145, BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001, 9100 and 14001 – desirable
- Strong understanding of accounting principles; accounting standards.
- Working knowledge of ERM system(s).
- Strong organisational skills.
- Advance IT skills; Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet construction, data manipulation, use of formulae; PowerPoint; bespoke in-house data access ERP system (EMPIRE)
- Ability to handle challenging situations.
- Effective verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Strong written communication skills: report writing, bid submissions and PowerPoint presentation.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An ability to make decisions and work under pressure and to deadlines.
Euravia Engineering, A Magellan Aerospace Company is a specialist aviation company providing high quality, cost effective maintenance, repair and overhaul services for a wide range of gas turbines - with particular expertise in the Pratt and Whitney Canada PT6 engine series.
Operating from four purpose-built, fully FAA and EASA approved facilities in Lancashire, England; Euravia offers a Total Support framework for PT6 Engine Operators around the world. Our focus is to address the Customer's unique individual requirements, delivering first class turboprop engine performance and reliability alongside peerless customer service, with efficient turn times and cost-effective pricing.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of th