PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilizing work orders, in conjunction with component drawings, build and test multiple sub-assemblies for direct sale and/or installation on equipment.
2. Operate various shop tools including, but not limited to (hand tools, drill press, horizontal lathe, grinding devices, pneumatic tools, hydraulic presses, band saw, and paint booths) to complete assembly jobs based on print requirements against a bill of material.
3. Perform minor fabrication tasks as needed for small alterations and/or fitment adjustments.
4. Operate Forklift and/or manual pallet jack to gather components and move final assemblies to staging areas for the next process.
5. Quality Inspection duties for the assembled product
6. Assist in failure analysis activities on returned assembly units
7. Other tasks/duties required based on company needs.
· Education: High School Diploma / GED
· Work-Related Experience: 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment, assembling job-specific components, varying in scale and complexity, including functional test confirmations for performance/compliance. Familiarity with horizontal lathe operation and minor fabrication techniques for preparation of sub-components.
· Certification and licenses:
1. Forklift Certification (or able to pass certification within 3 months of employment)
· Skills, knowledge, abilities (e.g., software proficiency, interpersonal and communication skills, language):
1. 3-5 years experience in manual/hand assembly of components using common fabrication/manufacturing shop tools.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Proficiency in the interpretation of 2D drawings. General knowledge in the interpretation of 3D models where applicable.
4. Secondary skills in general maintenance/facilities are a plus.