The Assembly Technician assembles and builds the systems before being sent out to customer location. All work will be completed at company location, no travel required.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Connects electrical wiring, cables, and piping systems as specified.
- Squares, aligns, and assembles bases, equipment, and structural components on floor or floor plate.
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations.
- Attaches breakers, relays, contactors, bus bars, transformers, insulators, regulator cabinets, condenser units, motor and generator sets, meters, plugging devices, and fuse blocks to mounting holes with bolts and screws.
- Cuts, strips, bends, and forms wire cables, conduits, pipes, and tubing used to connect circuits and sub-assemblies.
- Discusses errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor or engineer to clarify assembly problems.
- Load and unload trucks with forklift when needed.
- Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assembly operations.
- Determines and follows methods and sequence of operations in function such as performing wiring, component installation, and kit assembly.
- Makes set-ups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience preferred.
- General knowledge of hand tools and reading blueprints/wire diagrams required.
- Must be able to operate a Hi-Lo.