endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Assembly Process Engineer- 2nd Shift
This position reports directly to the Assembly Engineering Manager and is responsible for the following:
- Continuously improve processes utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Track above departmental performance objectives and any associated continuous improvement measurables within CI teams.
- Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
- Assist in launching new programs by developing process flows, cell layouts, component flows, estimating cycle times and labor requirements, and tracking builds prior to SOP
- Coordinate with APQP and engineers on new program launches and component changes in efforts to implement DFMA strategies (Design for Manufacturing – Assembly). Assist in developing work guidance’s, FMEAs and control plans pertaining to initiated process changes.
- Assist in communicating and training all CPA’s, Team Leaders, and team members on initiated process changes.
- Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors.
- Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other divisions, as well as, other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- Preferred: Coordinate with APQP and engineers on new program launches and component changes in efforts to implement DFMA strategies (Design for Manufacturing – Assembly). Assist in developing work guidance’s, FMEAs and control plans pertaining to initiated process changes.
IND-D01endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- A bachelor's degree in an Engineering Science or Technology area.
- Exposure to DFMA, synchronous manufacturing, and ergonomics.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD)
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and participate as a team player.