Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Middletown is looking for a reliable and hard-working Assembly Mechanic. As a key member of our manufacturing team, the successful individual will gain experience in sheet metal fabrication and assembly for high temperature applications in the Aerospace Market by working in the other operations of the plant.
- Plans and lays out from blueprints, complicated parts or assemblies from initial stages to finished product incorporating the proper sequence of operations.
- Clamps parts and pieces in proper position while employee locates, clamps, drills, shims, rivets, files, cuts, fits, burrs, reams, flares, screws, bolts, or otherwise fastens pieces or sub-assemblies, including spot facing and torque wrenching.
- Selects proper equipment and performs all necessary riveting and related riveting operations, including bucking and blind riveting, countersinking or removing rivets.
- Installs, aligns, adjusts and otherwise repairs or reworks any part or sub assembly into the final assembly.
- Performs sheet metal work in making minor repairs and in installing, aligning, adjusting parts or sub-assemblies into final assemblies.
- Trims and polishes completed assemblies and checks tolerances with precision measuring instruments for conformity to specifications.
- At completion of assembly process, tools are blown out to assure positive location of the next unit.
- Seals any and all parts requiring sealant to protect from weather action and to maintain pressure seal. Cleans seams, grooves and surfaces prior to caulking and sealing. Applies caulking and sealing compounds using various methods.
- Places ID on all parts using various methods such as Electro Etch, Inkjet, Flowpen, Metal Tag, and Vibra Pen Etching.
- Places part identification numbers and date on individual parts and assemblies.
- Informs shop management and/or group leader on all discrepancies in part sizes, fitting, etc., quality problems. May explain to Planner or Engineer major problems and suggested solutions.
- Basic housekeeping to clean up the area from the work performed and to maintain the housekeeping in the area using the proper conventional utensils (brooms, dusters, wet/dry rags, wet/dry vacuums), but excluding the use of mops and automatic floor scrubbers (i.e. Tennant floor scrubber). Maintaining the area includes material, parts, machines, tools and work tables used in manufacturing as well as objects used to store or stage items used in manufacturing.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to handle parts; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports COVID-19 public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected.