Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for an Assembly Mechanic. In this full-time permanent position, the successful candidate will assemble fabricated parts, formed sheets, and other components in the various stages of assembly for the aerospace market. In our industry we pride to work with impeccable quality and high precision carrying out standard fabricating processes.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
- Plan and lay out from blueprints, complicated parts or assemblies from initial stages to finished product incorporating the proper sequence of operations.
- Clamp parts and pieces in proper position while employee locates, clamps, drills, shims, rivets, files, cuts, fits, burrs, reams, flares, screws, bolts, or otherwise fasten pieces or sub-assemblies, including spot facing and torque wrenching.
- Select proper equipment and perform all necessary riveting and related riveting operations, including bucking and blind riveting, countersinking or removing rivets.
- Install, align, adjust and repair/rework any part or sub assembly into the final assembly. Perform sheet metal work in making minor repairs and in installing, aligning, adjusting parts or sub-assemblies into final assemblies.
- Trim and polish completed assemblies and checks tolerances with precision measuring instruments for conformity to specifications.
- At completion of assembly process, tools are blown out to assure positive location of the next unit.
- Seals any and all parts requiring sealant to protect from weather action and to maintain pressure seal. Cleans seams, grooves and surfaces prior to caulking and sealing. Applies caulking and sealing compounds using various methods.
- Places ID on all parts using various methods such as Electro Etch, Inkjet, Flowpen, Metal Tag, and Vibra Pen Etching. Places part identification numbers and date on individual parts and assemblies.
- Inform shop management and/or group leader on all discrepancies in part sizes, fitting, etc., quality problems. May explain to Planner or Engineer major problems and suggested solutions.
- Basic housekeeping to maintain and cleanup area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You are eligible for ITAR and Controlled Goods Clearance.
- Technical skills and abilities: Blue Print Reading
- Use of Precision Measuring Equipment
- Use of all types of mechanic's hand tools, form blocks, metal smith and woodworking equipment.
- Use of standard mechanics tools including all types of stationary or portable machines and equipment.
- Ability to follow procedural guidelines: Manufacturing Technical Directives, Shop Orders, Rework Orders and MRB Disposition tickets.
- Complies with all engineering and customer specification requirements.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.