Assembly and honing of Aerospace parts with close tolerances.
Magellan Aerospace, New York offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Assemble aerospace assemblies using tools and shop equipment as required.
• Use appropriate honing equipment and appropriate honing materials to size holes which by nature are close tolerance.
• Inspect work for conformance to routers, blueprints and specification requirements using basic mechanical inspection equipment, such as dial bore gages, air gages and plug gages, etc.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and 6S activities.
• Maintain the work area in a clean, safe and hazard free manner.
• High School Diploma/ GED.
• A minimum of 1 years of working warehouse type environment preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories.
• Ability to write legible notes and correspondence in English. Ability to speak and communicate well with coworkers and superiors in English.
• Spanish would be a plus.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.