Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1966588458
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Assembler to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Sterling, VA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Perform a range of skilled repetitive mechanical and/or electro-mechanical assembly operations in support of production projects.
- Assemble, modify, rework, and/or reassemble production components utilizing drawings, pick tickets, process documentation, and/or verbal instructions.
- Prepare and utilize basic hand tools and machines including but not limited to power screwdriver, ruler, solder iron, clamp machine, heat gun, vise, solder pots, crimpers, pinning machine, and automatic wire strippers.
- Clean parts prior to production use as required.
- Identify wires with use of basic color code sequence.
- Participate in first time production runs of new products.
- Support cycle count activity, inventory handling, and inventory transactions following established material procedures.
- Perform clean up and tool inventory activities.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Preferred (2) years technical training school experience.
- Two years of industry experience.
- Able to read and perform assembly tasks according to Engineering Drawings and
- Able to present information and respond to questions from peers and support
- Soldering skills are preferred.
- Reliable,organized and flexible personality, able to work in an open environment.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Willingness to communicate and take instructions.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Has knowledge of basic Computer Skills.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to stand I walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work with minimal Supervision.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Willingness to participate in random drug screening program
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.