Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has a great opportunity for an Assembler. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the effective and efficient assembly of parts using a variety of tools and methods.
- Do set-ups of the heights degree of complexity unassisted.
- Complete tasks using hand tools and fixturing
- Safe use of various Chemicals, Solvents, Primers and Paint
- Safe use of Liquid Nitrogen including decanting
- Assist in managing Kanban ordering system
- 1-2 years of experience as an Assembler
- Able to use and read Measurement Devices. Micrometers (Inside, outside), Vernier, Go-No Go
- Able to read and understand Shop Orders, Customer Drawings, and sketches of highly complex operations independently with no assistance.
- Attention to detail
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Excellent knowledge of measuring tools, sealants and assembly processes.
- Able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)