City: Grand Rapids
Job Code: EB-1952174535
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Assembler to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Grand Rapids, MI. This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Assembles electronic components, sub-assemblies, products or systems by performing any or all of the following duties, depending on assignment.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings, process instruction sheets, and sample assemblies or receives verbal instructions regarding assembly.
- Performs basic assembly or rework functions that include but are not limited to attaching mechanical and electrical components; wiring harnesses, soldering connections, and intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Disassembles product to any level and effectively performs rework/repair activity to achieve acceptable function, configuration, or airworthiness condition.
- Perform material control functions, including picking components off stockroom shelf into work order kits.
- Perform serialization and product ID labeling.
- Perform operation of semi-automatic component insertion circuit card assembly machine, including download of software control files from intranet into local PC, setup and operation of the station.
- Perform hand soldering of through hole components to the specifications standards of IPC-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities.
- Perform hand soldering of surface mount components to the specification standards of ICP-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities as required by assigned department.
- Perform dimensional and visual acceptance inspection of all assigned products, including mechanical, electronic, subassembly and final assembly levels to IPC-A-610B.
- Perform activities associated with masking, application of spray coatings, and demasking of electronic circuit card assemblies, requiring the proper use of respirator gear and spray equipment
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Basic computer application and file structure navigation skills.
- Three to six months related experience/training in an assembly and or technician role.
- Able to lift, move and work with products up to 45 lbs.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.