City: Ann Arbor
Job Code: EB-1436687681
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Assembler to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Ann Arbor, MI.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Assemble components and subassemblies for optics.
- Conduct visual quality inspections; inform supervisory staff of deviations or fallouts as needed.
- Follow pre-established methods and procedures in conjunction with producing a quality sight.
- The parts are very, very small and oftentimes require tweezers to pick up. Dexterity is very important. The contingent will be doing the same task repeatedly all day
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least two years previous Manufacturing experienced preferred.
- Ability to work with small parts; requires frequent use of hands and fingers
- Ability to read and execute written instruction
- Ability to work in an environment containing low levels of solvents and adhesives.
- Excellent hand and eye coordination required.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to work with precision.
- Demonstrated ability working in a team environment.
- Basic familiarity with assembly and measuring tools, interpreting visual aids performing simple shop math.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.