The Assembler is responsible for the effective and efficient assembly of parts using a variety of tools and methods.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Regular employee hot lunches
• Free parking
• Able to use and read micrometers and verniers (inside, outside, depth) non-dial and dial bore gauges and telescope gauges.
• Able to read and understand operation sheets, specifications and sketches of highly complex operations independently with no assistance.
• Excellent knowledge of cutting oils, compounds, finishes, speeds, feeds and cutter selection (drills, taps and reamers).
• Do set-ups of the heights degree of complexity unassisted.
• Perform drilling and tapping operations of highest complexity on soft and hardened steel with no assistance.
• Application of sealants.
• 1-2 year of experience in assembly
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!