Job Code: EB-9018104448
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Assembler to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Gardena, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Incorporating core assembly into coil assembly to form a complete transformer to be ready for functional testing prior to varnish and final assembly.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mechanical assemblies per engineering drawing with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for making sure that the completed core assembly is free from irregular sharp edges that could cut through coil form of the coil assembly.
- Installs coil assemblies onto core assembly using mounting hardware and associated fabricated parts per assembly drawing and making sure that required electrical clearances between coil and core are maintained.
- Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to supervisors and/or design engineers.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and well organized.
- Complies with company’s safety rules and regulations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- One year certificate from college or technical school desired.
- Must have 2-5 years related transformer production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read complex blueprints, winding specifications and schematics.
- Ability to work with small hand and power tools. Good finger and hand dexterity.
- Thorough understanding of transformer fabrication.
- Basic reading and writing skills generally acquired through a high school education or equivalent.
- Possess a manual strength for heavy assemblies. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Due to government contracts, the nature of this work requires that candidates have ONLY U.S. Citizenship, no dual citizenship.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.