Reporting to the Vice President of Sales of globally recognized specialty heavy haul trailer manufacturer. From small excavators to wind blades, compact transformers, bulky machinery to mining machinery and parts to petrochemical plants, the company’s vehicles are operation-oriented and optimally adapted to the respective requirements of their client’s transport tasks.
The Area Sales Manager’s responsibility is to develop and grow mutually beneficial specialty heavy haul trailer client relationships that deliver positive results for both the client and the organization. Works to develop, manage and enhance relationships with clients that the organization services. Identify and develop new business opportunities with both prospective and existing customers. Travel to meet with customers and potential customers, produce / develop presentations and other documentation to present to customers, and communicate and work with customers to make sales. Gathering information from existing and new customers. Create and find new potential customers by cold calling. Receive, examine and clarify customer specifications in accordance with application requirements and manages the projects with the customer in collaboration with Senior Area Sales Manager and / or VP of Sales / Country Manager. Use technical knowledge and expertise of mechanical engineering, to find and offer the best product solution to the customer. Background Required:
- Technical sales within the specialty trailer, crane and/or rigging industry (3 years)
- Strong understanding of the market product portfolio and related to standard over the road trailers
- Relationship Building / Networking - Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances
- Relative experience in sales, sales support and project management
- Effective selling techniques via phone and electronic communication
- Demonstrated ability to close deals; create, submit, and negotiate offers to customers
- Excellent communication and composure (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Travel required – national / international
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook; CRM Systems
- Location: Home Office (US)
Background Preferred (but not required):
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- College Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or other related field
- Strong geographical knowledge (of competition, economic trends, etc.)
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues
- Plan and organize; attention to detail.
- Anticipates client and market opportunities and responds appropriately
- Decision Making - Collects the required data to balance long term and short-term objectives when making decisions.
- Negotiation Skills - Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online