A leading international manufacturer of high-quality steel products is currently looking for an
Area Mechanical Maintenance Manager in their HSM Maintenance Department. The Area Mechanical Maintenance Manager is responsible for all mechanical maintenance activities for the area, guaranteeing the reliability of assets through a collaborative team effort with other departments. The manager is committed to safety and embraces change to drive continuous improvement in the organization.
- Develops, implements and enforces plant safety practices that promote an injury and accident free workplace.
- Supports Reliability Centered Maintenance by the use of Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and implements Preventive, Predictive, Condition Based Monitoring and Run to Failure maintenance techniques.
- Troubleshoots mechanical equipment and system failures, provides root cause analysis of such failures and formulates applicable solutions.
- Evaluates baseline Mechanical maintenance metrics and provides the management team with recommendations that lead to measurable bottom line improvements in safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and cost.
- Implements Business Risk Management processes by managing critical spare parts inventories, loss prevention activities.
- Supports the Engineering department with capital project implementation to meet completion schedules and budgets while supporting operational and maintenance needs.
- Controls mechanical maintenance costs to including major maintenance outages.
- Manages and mentors direct reports and implements positive change in the workforce.
- Determines appropriate mechanical maintenance staffing levels to accomplish maintenance task loads and the use of outside contractors as needed for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Coordinates mechanical maintenance during operational outages.
- Manages mechanical maintenance personnel for routine installation, maintenance and repair activities.
- Generates/approves mechanical employee schedules and job assignments.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment and spare parts for the department.
- Identifies skills/training needs for maintenance personnel and assists in the development and implementation of training programs.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations to include but not limited to OSHA, EPA/DEP, etc.
- Attends and fully participates in required meetings.
- Interfaces and communicates with bargaining unit (union) employees in compliance with the current collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract) which may include participation in the grievance process up to step 1.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Two or Four year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (or extensive related experience).
- Must demonstrate proficiency and technical mechanical understanding of Steel Process equipment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in maintenance in a Steel environment.