An International Steel Manufacturer is seeking a Maintenance Manager. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the equipment through a collaborative team effort for the plant operations. This position requires the ability to provide root cause failure analysis for equipment failures and able to formulate applicable solutions. This role is committed to Safety and maintaining a Safe Workplace which includes implementing and enforcing safety practices that promote injury and accident free operations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implementation and adherence of all safety procedures which include but are not limited to, lock-out-tag out, personal protective equipment, and fall protection.
- Identify, plan and implement preventative plan maintenance of the shop with the goal of reducing unscheduled delays, increasing productivity and guiding continuous improvement efforts.
- Oversees and is responsible for ensuring the training of the Union workforce which consists of Journeyman Millwrights
- Oversees all planning, scheduled repairs and troubleshooting which is required to keep the plant in opera
- Develop solutions to problems inherent to equipment in the plant (engineer and implement changes to improve performance or eliminate problem).
- Oversees both the salaried and union Mechanical workforce
- Administrative aspects of the position including the adherence to all Company policies and procedures, budgets, cost savings and overseeing the administration of the Union contract with the workforce.
- Create and approve weekly work schedule for union employees.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A two/four year degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of Managerial experience in a steel producing and rolling environment