A privately held architectural coatings manufacturer, with a history of making top quality products including oil base, acrylic, and latex paints, wood finishing products, aerosol paints, and a variety of specialty products for homes, farms and industry is seeking an Architectural Trade Chemist.
BS/MS Chemistry or Chem E.
Paint and Coatings Chemist with 3+ years of experience in trade sales solvent base enamels, primers and aerosols for the DIY market. Plus water-borne coatings formulation and testing experience
- Must have experienced with air dry alkyd paints and chemistry in this area
- Color matching ability and experience with “X-Rite” or similar strongly preferred
- Aerosol formulation experience a plus
- Practical working knowledge in latex paint formulation
- Experience with ASTM paint testing and interpretation of results and how they meet consumer expectations
- Painting experience by brush, roller and spray and matching results to consumer expectations
- Knowledge of “Product Vision” a plus but not required
- ISO awareness and calibration experience of lab equipment
- Production scale-up knowledge preferred