Apprentice I,II,III I & C
Position: Apprentice I, II, III (I&C)
Locations: Burlington, KS
- I&C Apprentice I - $33.58
- I&C Apprentice II - $35.72
- I&C Apprentice III - $38.00
JOB TITLE: Apprentice I, II, III (I&C)
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technician level I, II, and III are entry-level apprentice technicians that will successfully progress through the apprenticeship program while demonstrating accountability and participation and will assist in performing maintenance and testing on plant systems and equipment.
- Responsible for completing the training and qualification to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to progress through the apprentice program.
- Assist in performing maintenance tasks as assigned, requiring the application of gained knowledge and skills in all areas of the nuclear power plant, including troubleshooting, surveillances, calibration, repairs, rework, and preventive maintenance.
- Assignment of more demanding tasks as knowledge, skill, and experience increase, such as tools to prepare, use of test equipment, interpreting work packages, procedures, and drawings, and providing documentation.
- Ability to understand system prints, schematics, logic diagrams, binary numbering, procedures, and vendor manuals.
- Work independently when qualified by the training programs. Identify and promptly report incidents, events, deviations, deficiencies, or discrepancies relating to plant conditions, technical specifications, licenses, permits, or Quality programs.
- Assist in developing, correcting, and validating procedures and work packages.
- Upon qualification and experience, perform related tasks such as E-plan, job critiques, scaffolding, painting, fire watch, confined space, requisitions, walk-downs, and peer evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision/management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
This position requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent and one or more of the following:
1) WCNOC Apprenticeship Pre-Qualification program and three months relevant experience; or
2) the Flint Hills Power Plant Technology Program (Associates Degree) and three months relevant experience; or
3) a relevant technical degree program and three months of related experience.
4) a Bachelor’s degree and three months of related experience.
Technician II (I&C) must meet the qualifications of Technician I and one additional year of relevant experience.
The Technician III (I&C) must meet the qualifications of a Technician II and one additional year of relevant experience; or have completed the six-year Navy Nuclear ET (Electronic Technician) program.
Relevant experience is defined as analog and digital process controls and measurements.
Relevant degree is defined as Electrical, Electronics, or Instrumentation.
This position requires the ability to:
- Read and interpret documents such as procedures, safety rules, pre-job briefs, and radiation work permits (RWPs); write reports and correspondence; speak effectively to customers or employees of the organization.
- Calculate figures; apply concepts of introductory algebra and geometry.
- Use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This position requires passing vision requirements associated with Company physicals and identifying and distinguishing colors.
This position requires the ability to work in loud environments.
- This position requires completing the MASS test and the ABC fundamental math and science pre-test.
- Management has the right to require this position to pass and maintain respirator fit and qualification when necessary. This is not an essential job function for this position, but management retains its rights to ensure adequate respirator-qualified personnel to meet station requirements.
- This position requires a satisfactory work record, including good attendance.
- This position requires completing physical testing to demonstrate that the job's essential function can be performed.
Our Client has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Our Client chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We need a team with various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to become the most innovative and reliable energy company. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Our Client is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Click here to apply online