JOB TITLE: Apprentice Electrician III
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This Apprentice Electrician III position is responsible for successfully completing the training and qualification to acquire the skill and knowledge to perform maintenance activities on plant equipment
- Responsible for successfully completing the training and qualifications to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to progress through the apprentice program.
- Assist in performing maintenance tasks as assigned requiring the application of gained knowledge and skills in all areas of the nuclear power plant including troubleshooting, surveillances, calibration, repairs, rework, and preventative maintenance.
- Assignment of more demanding tasks as the level of knowledge and skill and experience increases such as tools to prepare, use of test equipment, interpreting work packages, procedures, and drawings, and providing documentation.
- Work independently when qualified in accordance with the training programs.
- Identify and promptly report incidents, events, deviations, deficiencies, or discrepancies relating to plant conditions, Technical Specifications, licenses, permits, QC, or QA programs.
- Assist in the development, correction, and validation of procedures and work packages.
- Upon qualification and experience, perform related tasks such as E-plan, job critiques, fire watch, confined space, rigging, and walk downs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision/management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
This position requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent and one or more of the following:
- five years of directly related experience in an industrial or nuclear setting; or
- three years directly related to military experience. Discharge from service shall be for other than dishonorable; or
- completion of a union or company-sponsored apprentice program; or
- completion of the WCNOC Apprenticeship prequalification program; or
- completion of a related technical degree (2 years).
- The Apprentice Electrician II must meet the qualifications of an Apprentice Electrician I and one additional year of directly related experience.
- The Apprentice Electrician III must meet the qualifications of an Apprentice Electrician II and one additional year of directly related experience.
- This position requires the ability to: read and interpret documents such as procedures, safety rules, pre-job briefs, and radiation work permits (RWPs); write reports and correspondence; speak effectively to customers or employees of the organization. This position requires the ability to: calculate figures; apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- This position requires the ability to: apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram format; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- This position requires successful completion of the MASS test.
- Management has the right to require this position to pass and maintain respirator fit and qualification when necessary. This is not an essential job function for this position, but management retains its rights to ensure adequate numbers of respirator-qualified personnel to meet station requirements. This position requires a satisfactory work record including good attendance.
- This position requires successful completion of physical testing to demonstrate that the essential function of the job can be performed.