endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
A leading provider of metal based additive manufacturing technology, commonly referred to as 3D printers, utilizing selective laser melting powder bed fusion technology. Our 3D printers are designed to produce parts directly from a variety of metal powders. The customers for our metal based additive manufacturing systems come from various industries such as aerospace, energy, healthcare, and automotive.
The role of the Application Engineer requires a candidate who is technology-driven, customer-focused, and believes additive changes the world of manufacturing and passionately lives the company culture. This is a crucial role to ensure customer benchmarks and part design get optimized and our customers experience the metal additive technology and company excellence. The successful candidate will be responsible for all benchmark processing, design orientation optimization, and optimal demonstration machine operations.
In addition, the Application Engineer will:
- Provide support to internal and external customers by applying their knowledge and experience of producing additively printed components using company produced machines.
- Lead customer interactions primarily focused on pre-sales support activities as needed by the Sales and Marketing teams, and post-sales support activities driven by customer needs.
- Develop the skill set to become an expert in all aspects of application and use of printing machines and parts produced using company machines and be able to effectively articulate the benefits
- Provide support for benchmark prints, customer advising for optimal print options, and showroom equipment maintenance
This position requires approximately 15% travel, both domestic and international
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Materials/Metallurgical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university/college or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience and practical, hands-on mechanical and electrical operation of complex, industrial equipment
- Proven experience with CAD software, part and data preparation software, such as Materialize Magics, Autodesk Netfabb, or the equivalent software
- Demonstrated experience in training others in the use of complex industrial products
- 3+ years’ experience with 3D printing
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Passionate perspective to see the customer succeed in their additive manufacturing journey
- Metal additive manufacturing industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to present to customers and represent the company brand
- Strong experience leading or managing projects of various size, duration, and scope
- Strong analytical skills
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes:
- Diverse, global, growing organization with flat hierarchies in a trend-setting industry
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.