Researches, develops, plans, and designs electrical components, mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs & coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of electrical, mechanical or electromechanical products and systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Click here to apply online
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Communicates with customers as to their requirements for refrigeration and electrical systems.
- Designs mechanical & electrical equipment, components, products and systems for refrigeration, ice arenas, and electrical distribution systems.
- Design and layout custom electromechanical centers, electrical distribution centers, and refrigeration rack controls.
- Designs refrigeration & electrical systems by selecting components to meet system requirements by quality, cost effectiveness, energy efficiency and competitiveness.
- Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for refrigeration, ice arenas and electrical distribution systems.
- Writes proposals and proposal change order’s that clearly specifies the design of the system, the components used in the system and any special features.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software & equip. to perform engineering tasks.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Communicates with shop personnel to build systems according to specifications. Directs and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Evaluates equipment during manufacturing, and recommends design modifications as necessary.
- Plans and directs personnel in development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Implements systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- Follows up with customers after installation and occasionally visit job site at time of startup.
- Does job cost analysis.
- Documentation is very important. All conversations and decisions must be documented thoroughly.