endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Senior Applications Development Engineer – Automotive & Medical Markets
In-field and remote technical support to key strategic accounts:
- Visits key accounts to identify and service current technical needs as well as uncover opportunities for future technical innovations and new business opportunities.
- Troubleshoots customer issues with our materials and assists with the transition from competitive materials.
- Leads customer adoption for existing products or new products.
- Attends relevant conferences and trade-shows to stay current in technologies for target markets
Technical support internal coordination:
- Prioritizes and completes internal trial work, analytical testing, and lab batch production to respond to customer requests.
- Maintains state of the art expertise on customer-related application and processes.
- Assists in the implementation of new internal capabilities and workflows, including lab equipment.
- Serves as the group expert for injection molding and other melt processing technologies, keeping up to date with the latest innovations.
- Collaborates with R&D to develop formulations to meet processing or end use property requirements in new and existing applications for target markets.
- Manages and serves as the subject matter expert for material properties testing to comply with major customer requirements, including the major automotive OEMs and their tiered supplier.
- Serves as technical author for customer literature related to processing, application development, and product properties.
Support to new product development and new application development projects:
- Leads customer validation of product in support of new business development projects
- Serves as subject matter expert for the technical needs of customers in product development discussions.
- Provides technical assistance to BD, sales, and marketing for prospective work at new customers & OEMs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Sciences or Chemical Engineering or Polymer Engineering required. MS, PhD, or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 6 – 8 years of experience in polymer formulations/testing/processing, with an injection molding focus preferred. Some experience may be offset by MS, Ph.D. or MBA.
- Travel within North America, and possibly overseas, as a regular part of their work (40% - 50% travel, many are day trips in the greater Detroit area)
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Dedicated expertise in melt processing of polymers with hand-on experience with injection molding. Knowledge of PMMA product technologies preferred.
- Demonstrated strength in customer interactions and relationships
- Experience in leading technical projects with customers and internal teams
- Analytical ability specific to problem solving, working through multiple options to finalize correct solution
- Technical expertise to identify options around application development work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated both internally and with customers
- Proficient with computer and communication tools (CRMs, usual software (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.