endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Application Engineer - Product Development
A $15b global automotive and industrial supplier is seeking an Electrical Drive Systems Application Engineer to support our North American Corporate Headquarters and Motors global technology center.
This position is located in their global eMotors center of excellence that they developed two years ago with a $60m investment. The eMotors group is also housed adjacent to their largest manufacturing plant in the US so engineers in this role will follow their products all the way from requirements to initial design to development / testing and ultimately to manufacture.
This position is responsible for providing optimized eMotor solutions in terms of the initial concept and acquisition phases of a program. The engineer will be expected to communicate this to the customer and internal teams for the eMotor Business Unit.
This position is responsible for the concept development of the eMotor and power electronics and other electric drive systems. The Engineer will perform simulations and comparisons to existing products globally to ensure a system meets both internal and customer expectations. This includes requirements management in coordination with the program manager, development and design engineers. The Engineer will be involved in face to face customer communication as well as various level of management in order to present and communicate our designs and be able to answer the appropriate questions. It also includes modeling and simulation to perform sizing and trade-off studies as well as presenting these results. Close cooperation with design and simulations engineers is necessary to evaluate the requirements and final concept in regards to torque, power and temperature characteristics.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, have close visual acuity and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to maneuver objects, tools. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, bend, push, pull, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Technical & Critical Skills:
- Knowledge of electromagnetic physics and its application
- Understanding of various types of electric machines and their modeling
- Knowledge of e-motor controls and measurements
- Knowledge of electrical drive systems (48-volt and high-voltage) and the technical relationships between power electronics, sensors and electrical machines
- Working level understanding of functional safety
- Basic understanding of hybrid drive concepts
- Knowledge of the Product Development Process
- Microsoft Office
- Strong Communication ability (written & verbal)
- Customer focused
- Ability to prioritize, make recommendations and present results
- Self-motivated & driven to achieve results
- Continuous improvement approach
- Assertive approach to solving problems
- Organizational: Flexible, analytical, multi-tasking, problem solving.
Education & Experience:
- BSME or Electrical Engineering or related field.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.