endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
OUTSTANDING COMPANY IS DECATUR, ALABAMA IS IN NEED OF CANDIDATES WITH ALUMINUM EXTRUSION EXPERIENCE. Aluminum extrusion is a technique used to transform aluminum alloy into objects with a definitive cross-sectional profile for a wide range of uses. The extrusion process makes the most of aluminum's unique combination of physical characteristics.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE SOME LEVEL OF ALUMINUM EXTRUSION EXPERIENCE
- After designing and creating the shape of the die, a cylindrical billet of aluminum alloy is heated to 800°F-925°F.
- The aluminum billet is then transferred to a loader, where a lubricant is added to prevent it from sticking to the extrusion machine, the ram or the handle.
- Substantial pressure is applied to a dummy block using a ram, which pushes the aluminum billet into the container, forcing it through the die.
- To avoid the formation of oxides, nitrogen in liquid or gaseous form is introduced and allowed to flow through the sections of the die. This creates an inert atmosphere and increases the life of the die.
- The extruded part passes onto a run-out table as an elongated piece that is now the same shape as the die opening. It is then pulled to the cooling table where fans cool the newly created aluminum extrusion.
- When the cooling is completed, the extruded aluminum is moved to a stretcher, for straightening and work hardening.
- The hardened extrusions are brought to the saw table and cut according to the required lengths.
- The final step is to treat the extrusions with heat in age ovens, which hardens the aluminum by speeding the aging process.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.